Monday, February 9, 2015

MMMMonday Recipe and #HealthyHabits2015 Week 7

We are already in the seventh week of the year, can you believe it? It's flyin' by. Hope your resolutions are still going strong, if not, you have our #HealthyHabits2015 to focus on in which we have a new goal each week. This week, your goal is to add 15 additional minutes of cardio to your normal weekly workout routine. If you don't have one a weekly workout routine, just aiming for 15 minutes of cardio each day would be a great place to start. For those of you that do have your normal routine in place, think of a spot in your day where you have time to add in a walk, a quick bike ride, or some extra time on the elliptical or rower. Anything that gets your heart rate up for 15 minutes will do the trick!

So, last week I got a FABULOUS and fabulously simple recipe from one of my sweet clients at Porters Neck Country Club. I devoured all six in one sitting, so thank goodness these breakfast cookies are only 48 calories a piece. I'm pretty sure Andrea adapted this recipe from something she found online, but I'm gonna go ahead and call it Andrea's 3-Ingredient Breakfast Cookies. These are the bomb.com, I'm not even exaggerating!


Here's what you need:
  • 2 medium-sized, ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup of uncooked quick oats
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Do this:
1. Preheat oven to 350. 
2. Spray non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a non-stick silicone baking sheet.
3. Combine the mashed bananas with the oats in a bowl, then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Place tablespoon sized drops on the cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool. 

Andrea enjoyed these both cold and when left out on the counter. I threw them in my office fridge and came back to them after class and they were amazing! My favorite thing about this recipe besides being super simple, it satisfies a sweet tooth and it can totally be made completely gluten free, as well as vegan. That's called "winning" in my book!


Thanks Andrea!

Share with us: What do you plan to do for your extra 15 minutes of cardio each day this week? I rode my bike to work this morning! It's sunny and 66 in Wilmington today.

No comments:

Post a Comment