Friday, June 13, 2014

Joyful Fridays

Hey friends!

I'm doin' the Friday dance! It's my first real Friday and I'll tell you what, it's exciting. Two whole days off...in a ROW? Woo hoo!!! Sure makes the work day a lot easier, which has absolutely flown by. In celebration of this Friday awesomeness and My One Word for the year- JOY, I'm going to share some other things that are making me smile this week! Feel free to chime in, in the comments section and tell us what you're celebrating lately.

Flowers at work

Michael sent me flowers for our two-month anniversary, how cool are those? The best part is that people constantly come in to my office and make a big deal about how cute they are and how sweet he is, which of course, makes me super happy!

Nuun Energy Tabs

You guys know I love my Nuun tabs, it's an obsession, really, I know. This week when I was restocking my supply, I found Nuun Energy tabs which contain vitamin B and caffeine. Score! Also the first time I've had wild cherry and I love it!

Boat time with friends

Last weekend I went out on my friend Kendrick's boat with her husband Chris, daughter Cinny and some other friends. We've been blessed with some great weather so far and I'm really enjoying the start of summer! I loved this photo in particular because you can see daddy holding Cinny and her looking over his shoulder, staring at Mama. So sweet!

Juice Plus Products

My friend Mitzie who I met through my running group- Without Limits, is a consultant for the company Juice Plus. I recently started the Juice Plus Complete Protein, as well as the capsules. I was shocked at the great flavor of this vegan protein powder which is packed with all kinds of healthy goodness. The capsules have 26 fruits and vegetables which are grounded into a powder. Although I still believe that fruits and vegetables are best eaten whole, in their natural form, it is nearly impossible to get everything we need, every single day. Juice Plus is the next best thing to fruits and vegetables, and truly bridges the gap between what we do eat and what we should be eating, despite how healthy our diets may be. I feel an increase in energy after my first month and also have noticed that I rarely even have a desire for bad foods. I'm actually seeking out more fruits and vegetables in my diet and actually craving them!

Tanning Essentials

Okay, I know, I know, we need to protect our skin. (See the SPF 4?) I have been blessed with dark tanning abilities and have been using Hawaiian Tropic products since I was a kid. The Italian side in my father allows both of us to burn very seldom so I am a huge fan of the pool, sunbathing and anything outside! I love the smell of Hawaiian Tropic products and this lotion keeps my skin from drying out. I also had a $10 gift card to Victoria's Secret a month ago and decided to use it on their After Sun Nourishing Spray for your skin. After you get out of the sun, you spritz it all over your body to refresh sun-stressed skin. It has aloe, goji berry, pomegranate and acai to condition and nourish. With all the extra time I am going to spend teaching six Aqua Fitness classes a week this summer, my skin is going to need all the extra care it can get!

My Daddy



This weekend is Fathers Day, and I would love to be spending mine with my Daddy. Since my family is back in Omaha, I will be celebrating him from Wilmington. Make sure you celebrate your time with your daddy if you get the chance to!

Your turn!
What are you celebrating today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm celebrating that I did not die at practice this morning. Love the new cover photo, or did I jsut miss it for the past few months. Myrtle Beach was alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. I always celebrate that! Thanks, it's new!!!

    ReplyDelete