Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Second Calling

Today is my first Tuesday working at Porters Neck Country Club and it has been quite the morning! My schedule recently changed for the summer from off on Tuesdays and Sundays to a normal Monday-Friday routine. I like the change of pace, it keeps things interesting. 

With a TRX class to teach at 7:30 and my first workout to get in, I had to be at the gym by 6am this morning so it was a typical 5am-er for me. I walked the pups and rushed out the door to get to the gym closest to my work 30 minutes away. Tuesdays are two-a-days for me on my current marathon training plan so I had an hour on the bike with some crazy hard intervals mixed in. I was a sweaty, hot mess by the time I finished up with that.

I wrote my TRX workout for class while I was on the bike, knowing I had another 5 minute drive and about 20 minutes to get in and prepare. When I pulled into the Porters Neck neighborhood, I had to stop traffic when I saw this guy attempting to cross the road....


Of course I grabbed him and wouldn't ya know, he gets nervous and pees all over my leg and all over the passenger's seat. Poor lil' guy!


Thankfully, there is a pond very close to my office so I parked my car and ran over and set him in the grass right next to the water. With ten minutes to spare, I made to TRX class on time to teach and will still be able to sleep tonight knowing that my new lil' friend is safe! I really feel like my second calling is saving animals. It makes me so happy!!!

Breakfast was at my desk after class, a lemon greek yogurt (the best flavor!) and some blueberries. 


Plus some Nuun water to get ready for practice tonight. At 10:37am it is already 84 degrees and 69% humidity so no doubt, it's going to be a pretty tough evening run. 

What doesn't challenge you, wont change you right?

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment