Monday, March 31, 2014

Tweet What You Eat


Sometimes, when I need to get back on track, (especially after a weekend of food and drinks with friends) one of the best things I can do is hold myself accountable by making my food intake completely public. I've done this on Twitter using the hashtag #tweetwhatyoueat and also on the blog. This is one of those weeks where I definitely think taking the time to do this will keep me focused on wholesome, quality foods. If you happen to be curious about my intake Monday-Friday, I will be using my twitter account, @17FitnessQueen. Feel free to follow and play along!


Breakfast #1 @ 8:15am Unsweetened iced green tea with a Chobani key lime greek yogurt

Breakfast #2 @ 10:00am 3 hard boiled eggs and an apple

Have you guys seen the movie, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days? Doing this reminds me of one of Ani Anderson's (played by the hilarious Kate Hudson) tactics to "lose a guy" which was to call him on the phone at night and tell him everything you had to eat that day. So funny! That movie is definitely one of my all-time favs!


Weekend Recap

Friday night I went to a Pure Barre class and loved it. It was semi-challenging in a unique way. It certainly falls under the strength training category, but with a pilates twist. All of the classes are formatted the same in the way the workouts are set up, but moves can vary from class to class. We hit upper body first, followed by legs, seat (glutes) and core. 


The biggest thing that really separates this class from other strength workouts, is that they put a huge emphasis on small, isolated movements, which gives you a really great burn. They also practice the "tuck" in which you bring your abdomen and pelvis into a straight line (common instruction I use in my classes to set people up for good form). In this class, you hold a specific pose and then do repeated tucks which is very firming for the all the core muscles- back, abs and glutes. 

The best part about this class, is that it totally flies by and the music is really fun and upbeat. I always like to change up my routines and try new stuff. This is definitely a class I would suggest if you cool with wearing tights and doing a bunch of pelvic thrusts. I think this is the main reason why the classes are largely attended by women, though men go as well!

I worked on Saturday for a few hours, completed a 30 minute run and then met Hillary and her family at Yosake for her birthday dinner. That place is awesome! I had edamame and sushi which was delicious.  Her family is a blast, it was a good time.


Question for ya! Share with us in the comments section.
What are some tricks you have to hold yourself accountable with your diet?
Food journaling works well for me, but committing to share everything I eat with someone is the best tool I have. Who wants to admit to making a ton of bad food choices? I don't, so it's great motivation for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment