Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fittie Bon Bons

Happy birthday to my favorite April Fools baby, my daddy!! 

The Fitness Pups tweeted Grandpa this photo earlier today. 

As a kid, when people would ask my dad his date of birth, he would always say a date in August to avoid the April Fools jokes. One year, my mom decided to throw him a surprise party in August. He had no idea, which always makes surprise parties turn out to be much more fun! 

So of course, everyone brought white elephant gifts. One of our good family friends brought what appeared to be chocolate covered bonbons. Considering my parents tried to feed us as healthy as possible (thanks mom!), I had never even come into contact with a bon bon. I figure I was about 8 at this time so I was definitely interested in the chocolate covered ice cream balls.


That being said, I go to eat one before my dad even does and turns out, they were chocolate covered Brussels sprouts!!!! I haven't eaten a Brussel sprout since. Those fittie bon bons ruined it for me. 

April Fools Joke
Anyway, this morning Muffin must have known it was April Fools because she decided to wake me up by getting right up in my face and alarming with me with a single, very loud, bark. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack for a second. 

Lil Stinker

Plans for my day include attempting to clean, (anyone wanna help?) going to a Pure Barre class at 12:15 and then probably some food prep and running practice at 5:50. Hopefully this one goes better than my last!


Happy Birthday to my amazing, wonderful daddy. I will always be a daddy's girl! Couldn't ask for anyone better to play the father role in my life. So blessed and lucky to have you. Thanks for choosin' him Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Certainly the wisest choice I ever made marrying your father. And as an added bonus we were blessed with 3 of the most awesome kids on the planet. Try the brussels sprouts without the chocolate, lightly salted and dipped in hummus. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete