Monday, January 20, 2014

Early Spring Cleaning, a Seahawks Win and Florida Oranges

Goooooood morning!

I haven't stopped laughing since I happened across this. My dogs do this to me daily. And it doesn't help that it looks so much like Grady!


Weekend Recap
I spent the weekend reorganizing and cleaning out my apartment! Isn't it great how refreshed you feel when everything is clean and neat in your living space? I'm lovin' it! I bagged up six bags of clothing and took them to Plato's Closet and Clothes Mentor, consignment shops for gently used or new, brand name clothing to see if I could get any money for them. I ended up walking out with $75.00 from Plato's and $32.00 from Clothes Mentor which was awesome. I'm always a fan of unexpected money in my pocket! They didn't take a lot of my clothes because a bunch of my Nike stuff was from the Boys and Juniors department and apparently they only take adult sized clothing, (#PetiteGirlProblems) but that's okay! I was able to donate the rest to Goodwill.


Although I fell asleep early, I was pumped to find out the Seahawks pulled it off last night! They were losing to San Fran 10-3 when I fell asleep. I had been texting my brother's girlfriend, Michelle apologetically because I knew she had to be listening to my brother going nuts at the TV. But thankfully, they will be in the Super Bowl ladies and gentleman! Never underestimate the 12th Man. GO HAWKS!


Looks like someone stole Robert's seat during the game!

Workout
This morning started off with a gym sesh for some needed cardio and foam rolling. I have the best little routine going for my body which is starting to feel waaaayyy older than it actually is. I do my cardio, followed by 10 minutes in the sauna and then some full body foam rolling. I have found this to be really effective in getting the most out of the foam rolling portion at the end. Getting loose, followed by the heat and then the roll release and stretch is really effective. I leave the gym feeling great! If you have a sauna or steam room at your gym, try it out! Today's cardio was 20 minutes on the elliptical followed by 20 minutes walking on a 5.0 incline at 3.3 mph. I've also got a Body Step class to go to tonight so I decided that was probably more than enough for the day.

Breakfast



A toasted flatbread veggie sandwich from Subway with:
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Cucumbers
  • Banana Peppers
  • Jalapenos
  • Tomato
  • Green Peppers
  • Pickles
  • Black Olives
  • Salt/Pepper
  • Sweet Onion Sauce
Plus, a French Vanilla Vega One Protein Shake mixed with water instead of almond milk since I already got my necessary carbs from the bread and veggies. And lastly, an amazing Florida orange! One of  my sweet members, Julie, brought me a whole bag of them this morning, I'm so spoiled! 



Monday is my long day so I've still got nine more hours of work ahead of me followed by Body Step class at 5:40 and Bible Study tonight at 7. It's going to be a long one! Check you all lata!

Happy MLK day by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment