Monday, January 27, 2014

Beethoven 15k

Yesterday, I ran the Beethoven 15k here in Wilmington around Brunswick Forest. Thankfully it warmed up to a whopping 32 degrees before starting at 9am. By the end of the race, it was about 40 which actually felt great by that time! My only goals for the day were to try to run the entire race. I've told you guys this before, but I'm a super slow runner so I don't focus much on pace. Running is not something that comes easily to me which is why I enjoy it. It is such a challenge for me that no matter what, it's always rewarding when I finish.


Pre-race fuel was one piece of toast with a bit of organic creamy peanut butter and half a banana. Plus water! I like to eat about 90 minutes before a long run.



The run went surprisingly well. I didn't have to stop at all and I felt pretty good most of the time. I had normal aches and pains for someone who doesn't train very seriously for races and I'm pretty sore today but that was to be expected.

Post run, I devoured a hummus and veggie wrap from Trader Joes, the other half of my banana and a nice refreshing Cafe Vanilla Soy Frappuccino Lite. I looked at my Garmin after the run, I had burnt 1,064 calories. I definitely earned that Venti drink from Starbucks!

This morning, I got up in enough time to stop at the gym for 45 minutes of cardio before work. Work has actually gone by pretty quickly since one of my coworkers brought in her 5-week old baby, Cinny. She was absolutely adorable! The rest of the day includes teaching a TRX class at 4 and Bible Study at 7pm.

I hope your day wraps up well!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Rachel. You need to run one of the Disney half races or perhaps the Quintiles Half Marathon on March 16th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I am signed up for the Quintiles Half! Are you guys running it?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete