Friday, July 5, 2013

Asian Salad and Double Stack Vegan Burger

Lunch today consisted of an Asian salad made from the Porter's Neck restaurant. 


In the salad:
  • Mixed greens
  • Baby corn
  • Wonton chips
  • Red Peppers
  • Cashews
  • Ginger Vinaigrette dressing
This was the first time I had this salad with the dressing it actually comes with and it was really good. I spent the rest of the afternoon at work giving equipment orientations, writing workouts and teaching Aqua Fitness class. We had a little "accident" in the pool today so we held class over in the lap pool. The participants didn't mind at all and they were really good sports about it. So the day turned out well. After work I went to Walmart to price match and stock up on food. 

I was starving by the time I got home so I threw together a quick vegan burger with the following ingredients:

  • 2 Boca Original Vegan Burgers
  • Pickles
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • 1 Whole Wheat Sandwich thin
  • Roasted Garlic Hummus






Yes, that's right, I put two patties on my burger. A girl's gotta eat! Sandwich thins come in all varieties and are only 100 calories a piece so they make a great substitution for bread or buns. I also added some grapes on the side. I bought some ingredients for a couple sweet treats to make later this weekend, so get excited and stay tuned! Have a great Friday evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment