Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Slimy Yet Satisfying

Today is a high mileage day for me so the focus of my fuel intake consists of tons of plants and then some protein of course! After a painfully early alarm, I had my first workout of the day- riding 20 miles, followed by a quick Juice Plus shake and teaching a TRX class.


That was followed up with a Trader Joe's Yellow Cold Pressed Juice. It was my first time trying this particular drink from Trader Joe's but I was attracted to the fact that it contains:
  • 2 large apples
  • 1/4 pineapple
  • 1 medium yellow pepper
  • 1/5 cucumber
  • 2 limes
  • 3 mint leaves


I stumbled across these at the store yesterday in red, green and yellow, but at $5.00 a pop, they were rather expensive, so I ended up choosing only one. Each "color" flavor contains fruits and vegetables from that color group. The red had things like beets, red apples and ginger while the green had kale, celery, cucumber and green apples.

The flavor is pretty good. At first drink you immediately smell the peppers, but after swallowing it's a full on pineapple taste. All that fruit for 150 calories in a decent tasting drink is good, but I still think the price is a little too steep for me. Personally, I will likely gravitate toward the Evolution Fresh drinks until I find something cheaper/equal in quality.

Now, for the first day of the 10 Day You Challenge


I have to say, the first day looks the least fun out of the ten days. My secrets are probably more like 10 random facts but let's get it over with shall we?

Day 10: Secrets about Me

1. When I was in 1st grade, I kissed a boy on the cheek at recess and when we got back to class, he raised his hand in front of the entire class and told on me.



2. During high school softball games, I drank a mountain dew before every game.

3. I like ketchup on my mac n' cheese.


4. I don't have cable. (But I am an avid Netflixer).

5. I had a crush on my Strength and Conditioning coach in college.

6. I actually failed my driver's ed test because I ran a red light (it was yellow and turning red!). But, I talked my teacher into passing me because I couldn't afford to miss anymore softball to redo the course.

7. And long before those days, I took my parents car (a blue minivan!) after they were asleep and backed it directly into the basketball hoop in our driveway.


8. When I was 18, my parents sold the house we grew up in. As soon as the new family moved in, my best friend and I completely covered it with toilet paper and forked the lawn.


9. In 6th grade, my best friend and I ran up a $300 phone bill calling the psychic hotline.

10. My first real kiss happened in the second grade. When it ended, the boy said, "Slimy, yet satisfying!"


Now it's your turn! 
Tell us a secret or two about yourself!

4 comments:

  1. Well now, i guess this proves you are indeed your mother's child - now your daddy-ship is in question - and . . . RT if you really think the statute of limitations has passed on items 7-8-9 - I can use the $300 reimbursement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked off every dollar I had to pay you guys!!! hahahaha

      Delete
  2. This is not a secret just a fact. You are never too old to be grounded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :):):) Come on, you guys did a pretty good job with me. Had to get it out of my system early on! Love you both dearly!

      Delete