Thursday, July 4, 2013

Firecracker Leg Workout and PNCC Parade

After not sleeping from about 1:30-4am straight, I snoozed my 5am alarm until about 5:25 this morning. I finally got up and got the fitness pups out for a 20 minute walk and headed off to the gym. I warmed up on the treadmill for 5 minutes and then completed this leg circuit.


My knees were bothering me a bit this morning on the treadmill so I opted out for some cross training on the elliptical for 20 minutes after that. I worked up a good sweat incorporating some incline intervals as I went.

Porter's Neck Country Club Parade

As I taught Aqua Fitness class this morning, the pool was filling up with anxious members looking to reserve a poolside spot before it opened. I think about 75% of the chairs were filled up by the time I was done teaching at 9:45 and the pool doesn't even open til 10! It's going to be a busy day for us here. Thankfully, the weather is beautiful, not a cloud in the sky!

Sunshine and water,

 Holiday pool toys,

and food, of course!

At 10am the annual Porters Neck Country Club Parade began. Apparently Porters Neck must be quite the popular 4th of July spot because we were visited by Elvis, Uncle Sam and THE Statue of Liberty herself!




Happy 4th! I hope everyone gets to spend time with their families and enjoy the day with loved ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment