Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Slippery Bridge

Well fitties, I lasted a whopping 48 hours before taking a spill on my bike. Despite my extreme saddle soreness I couldn't fight the urge to take my bike for a ride last night after work. Of course, I wouldn't think twice about the fact that it had rained all day long and things might be a bit slippery. So I took my bike over to Greenfield Lake and about halfway through I came to a bridge. Now, I could have avoided this bridge and went around but being adventurous and feeling confident I took the bridge, the very slippery bridge. And then I fell.

HOWEVER! I still have not fallen due to my clips like everyone has warned me about so technically this doesn't count! I walked away with a bit of a bruise on my right hip but thankfully, I've got enough padding there to protect me! 

For lunch today, I made a "chicken" sandwich with my homemade mayo


Boca meatless chicken patty, ezekial bread, avocado, tomato, vegan mayonnaise. I also ended up adding in lettuce and some mustard. Plus, half a banana and a bit of peanut butter on the side. Yum!


Did you know that storing your avocado with the seed inside keeps it from turning brown longer? Plus foil and refrigerate and you're set!


Little Miss Muffin begging for a taste...


Definition of puppy eyes... she sure is hard to resist. I'm off to make Zachary some more pecan chocolate chip protein cookies. He has requested that I double the protein powder so we'll see how they turn out. He's so spoiled! 


Enjoy your Tuesday afternoon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment