Friday, June 21, 2013

Loveys Tofu Burger and Super Sweaty TRX Cardio Craze

Unfortunately, I was unable to get my bike yesterday. I just could not leave work in time to get there before they closed. It would have been a beautiful evening ride too, it was gorgeous out last night. Of course, it is supposed to rain tonight but I'm getting that bike one way or the other!

I did take my first trip to Lovey's Health Market and Cafe for lunch yesterday. If you live in the area and haven't check it out, you should. It's a full health market with organic, gluten free, vegan foods but also features a small cafe and salad type bar. 

Located near Mayfaire and the Library

Outdoor seating

I was enticed by the outdoor seating just because I really enjoy eating a meal with a friend outside when it's nice out. I also like to go eat somewhere or drink coffee alone with a good book and this place would be perfect.


The cafe had a ton of vegan options on the menu as well as other organic foods, gluten free foods and an entire organic juice bar. I decided on the tofu burger and was please to find that it was just a little over $6.00. Typically buying vegan can get expensive when they prepare the tofu, add in all the organic ingredients and the dairy-free cheese. 

 


The burger was very tatsy. I got it on a 100% whole wheat bun with sprouts, lettuce and tomato. 



On my way out I also noticed several vegan desserts that caught my eye, but thankfully I was in a hurry to get back and teach my class. 


Following my trip to Loveys, I completed a really great workout with one of our members in TRX class. TRX class is awesome if you haven't tried it out yet- great full body workout that incorporates core, stability, balance, coordination and muscular strength and endurance. Plus, lately I found that adding in a cardio piece to the class really shakes things up. It ended up being a super fun, sweaty time! Here's what we did:


Off to teach Sculpt Class! Check back in with you guys later, enjoy your Friday morning!

2 comments:

  1. any orange slices in that dessert display? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but there were some actual ORANGES in the store....

    ReplyDelete