Saturday, February 14, 2015

How Being in Love Can Increase Your Health

I love Valentine's Day!



I am so blessed and thankful for all four of my Valentine's. How lucky did I get?


And let's not forget, my beautiful Love Muffin. The collage was men only! :)


I didn't get to see Michael today but I did get some gorgeous flowers delivered to my door this morning...


While I'm still nursing my sprained ankle, I managed to get a 3-mile run in followed by 10 minutes on the bike and some glute work tonight. My kinda Valentine's day date...the GYM!

In light of Valentine's Day, I thought we would venture into the topic of how being in love might actually have some health benefits! Here's what I've found from various sources.

  • Workout Buddy: Working out with a partner may help you better stick to your routine. Having someone to chat with, sweat with, or just hold you accountable can keep you maintaining those fitness goals and motivated to keep on sweatin'! 
  • Reason to purposely increase health: You can't buy time, and we know exercise improves heart health and increases your chances of longevity. More time with your loved one healthy and happy...what more could you ask for?
  • Comfort: A research study in which one person received electrical shocks, showed a decrease in perception of pain while holding a loved one's hand. 
  • Mental Well-being: Of course, knowing you're loved by someone creates feelings of euphoria and releases serotonin and all those feely-good hormones which definitely increases your overall health!
  • Stress Relief: Some sources say that intimacy, as well as cuddling, hugging and kissing all promote relaxation and stress relief
And you know I always say it...Couples who SWEAT together, STAY TOGETHER! :) Happy Valentines day!



No comments:

Post a Comment