Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Surf Berry

Lets just say, I got my butt KICKED last night at running practice. When Coach Sami said it was going to be long, I had no idea it was going to be just short of 7 miles and include a bunch of hill work. Whew, no idea how I survived that one.


Since we had met on the trails of Summer Rest Road right near the beach, I took advantage of being close to Surf Berry last night and the coupon I had for a free smoothie for my immediate post-workout fuel. That was my first Surf Berry experience and I have to say, it was delicious! Surf Berry is a fun little shop for a few reasons. They make smoothies, acai bowls, shaved ice, fro-yo and juices. They also are the spot to rent Stand Up Paddle Boards, buy fun surf shirts and waterproof electronics for frequent beach goers. I loved the feel of the shop and really liked their "Go Running" tank tops!


Not to mention, my protein smoothie was the bomb.com! It featured almond milk, agave nectar, vegan chocolate protein, a banana, and some sort of nut butter. I love the fact they they use plant-based ingredients, have healthy options and use little to no added sugar, separating them from typical smoothie joints.


Some day, I'm going to try Stand Up Paddle Boarding too! My only complaint about this cute little spot was that it was a little bit expensive. However, I am happy to spend a little extra for cleaner ingredients and don't mind supporting places that promote not only healthy eating but active lifestyles!

The run close to the beach followed by the visit to Surf Berry has really got me excited for Summer! Funny thing is, it's 40 degrees here today. What the heck, Mother Nature?

It's time for some consistently good weather in my opinion. Especially since Michael flies in tomorrow morning! Well, technically, he's taking a red eye flight over night tonight. I'm a pretty lucky girl, huh?

Today, I'm teaching a Beginner's TRX class at 10:30, followed by a bunch of office work, an equipment orientation, another TRX class at 4 and then this girl is on vacation til Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment