Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tuesday Recap/Gym Core Workout

Happy Wednesday!


How's everyone doing today? I spent my last day with Zach yesterday. He's heading back home to visit with his parents today before he travels back to Lexington, Kentucky tomorrow morning. Zach is a grad student at the University of Kentucky and in a two year Masters program that feels like 10 years to me. 6 months down, 18 to go!

Tuesday Recap
My day yesterday started off with a pup walk and a protein smoothie with the following ingredients:

  • 1 Scoop Vega One Sport Protein powder (vanilla)
  • 3/4 Cup Silk Pure Almond (dark chocolate)
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 handful spinach
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • a few ice cubes
I have to say, the color of this smoothie was not pretty. It resembled a dark, greenish-brown, pukey color. But it was tasty! I'm sure it was the spinach that turned it the weird color, but thankfully, you can't taste spinach at all when it's all blended up with other items. Good way to sneak in this nutrient powerhouse into your diet!

Then, it was off to the gym for back and abs! After about 45 minutes of back work, I completed a great ab circuit that I am definitely feeling today!


I sat in the sauna for 10 minutes afterward which was a really great way to end my workout, especially on such a cold day. I forgot how much I love the sauna. It always feels good to sweat!

After our workout, we stopped at Pita Delite to grab some lunch. I had a falafel pita with some sun chips on the side!


Today
This morning the alarm went off at an early 5:00am that felt more like 3:30. I got 45 minutes of cardio in walking on an incline on the treadmill at the gym before heading into work by 7:30. Now, I'm getting ready to teach a 10:30 beginner's TRX class, followed by some office work and ending my work day with another TRX class at 4. One of our sweet members brought me in some vegan chili this morning so I'm super excited to have that for lunch, made my day! Thanks Julie!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment