Friday, January 31, 2014

Keeping Your (Not So) New Year's Resolutions

Can you believe it's the last day of January? How are those New Year's Resolutions holding up for everyone? Hopefully they aren't too far off in the distance just yet!

 Hopefully your list doesn't look like this one!

If they are, I've got a new proposition for ya. How about making a monthly goal?

If you already failed on your New Year's Resolutions, lets figure out why! Was your goal...too lofty? Not specific enough? Unrealistic? That's okay. Some people need to think more so in the here and now and will see a lot more progress out of making several short term goals rather than one large, long-term goal. If this sounds like you, consider making yourself a small, specific goal for February. Maybe it's something that will lead up to that big ultimate goal you wanted to have completed by the end of 2014. Maybe you've changed your goal all together. Whatever it is, it's always good to have goals and there is no wrong or right time to start. So lets start now!

Here's what is goin' on in my world...
Today has been busy, busy, busy finally back at work and a proposal deadline to meet! We finally opened the Club at 12pm and I was happy to have members lining up at the door at 11:40. Everyone is so excited to exercise which makes me a happy girl! You know your facility is successful when many different people have made it an integral part of their daily routine to exercise there. To make things even better, it's gorgeous outside! We are supposed to be in the 60's today. I told you this Wilmington place has some crazy weather!


Before I made my way into work, I got in a good sweat sesh of my own at the gym. After 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill, I did 22 sets of back/biceps and finished with 20 more minutes of cardio mixed between walking and jogging. I'm still taking it easy on these old legs from my 15k this weekend. I'm hoping to do a good 3-mile run tomorrow as things are finally starting to feel  back to normal. Sore muscles are happy muscles!


I got invited by one of our members who also happens to be the committee chair, to submit a proposal for the North Carolina Dietetics Association meeting coming up in April. Porters Neck Country Club just so happens to be hosting it, so even if my presentation doesn't get accepted, I'm still excited to attend, and grateful to be considered as a possible presenter. The deadline to submit is tomorrow and I'm happy to say, I submitted my proposal about 5 minutes ago. Procrastinate much? I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome!

This evening I'm thinking about a nice long pup walk to enjoy this beautiful weather and get the Fittie Pups a good little sweat session of their own. Then it'll probably  be some vegan orange chicken for dinner and reading my latest e-book on my ipad. Am I getting old?

Question of the Afternoon:
What is a short-term goal you have?
A few short term goals of mine are to read chapters 7&8 of my current book by Monday evening before Bible Study, run at least a 3-miler this weekend and to not snack after dinner for the next two nights. I'm a nighttime muncher!

No comments:

Post a Comment