Monday, July 1, 2013

My Very Own Prince Charming

We're halfway through the year!! Yippeeee! Today is the day, people. I hope you have all created your own, brand NEW, "we're halfway through the year, resolutions." I'm going to review mine this morning and make sure I'm on track. I know I still need to pick my day to go grocery shopping and do my meal prep for the week and this one is likely going to be my biggest challenge. You can see the rest of my personal goals here. I have had a productive this morning so far, with a 5am alarm, quickly getting myself ready and then taking the Fitness Pups out for their morning walk. The moon was still out when we returned from our 1-miler.




I left my apartment around 6 to loosen up my legs a little bit at the gym. I rode my bike with the club yesterday through the Intercity Trail and Middle Sound Loop and ended up at Panera with 22 miles. It poured again and I was cold and exhausted so I had my "prince" as the club members called him, come and pick me up. Prince Zachary to the rescue!



I still have a strength workout to complete later on but my legs were just sort of achey and tight this morning so I figured a light treadmill workout would do this trick to get my going this morning. I was right! I did 20 minutes of progressive intervals on the treadmill that looked like this:

3min warm up- walking 4.0mph
1min jog 5.0mph
1min walk 4.0mph
1min jog 5.2mph
1min walk 4.0mph
1min jog 5.4mph
1min walk 4.0mph
Continue that up to 6.4mph

Cool down- 2 min walk

Then, I popped in to Port City Java to grab some breakfast, post this and head off to work. 



I have a super busy morning with classes and equipment orientations for our beautiful new equipment so I'll see you guys this afternoon!














No comments:

Post a Comment