Thursday, June 27, 2013

Winner Winner, "Chicken" Dinner

Today is a semi easy one for me and quite exciting if I might add. The Fitness Center at my work is closed today because we are getting brand new strength training equipment installed! So I'm just kinda hanging out in the office, waiting on the company to get here and getting some paperwork done. It feels odd not to teach any classes! 

This morning I had some extra time so I stopped by Starbucks to try their new Valencia Orange Refresher. I am a big fan of the Cool Lime and Very Berry Hibiscus so I have been excited for the new flavor to come out. It was yummy and refreshing!  I also found out that July 27-29th there is a Refresher Happy Hour at my Starbucks where you can get any Refresher 1/2 off from 3-5pm. Might want to take advantage of that if you haven't tried them before. 


Lunch today is a vegan "chicken" wrap. The cranberries make this one a winner!

Winner, winner, "Chicken" dinner!

In the Wrap
Vegan chicken
Celery
Spinach
Vegan mayonnaise
Cranberries
All wrapped up in a tomato wrap!

I also brought some cauliflower, mushrooms and celery with hummus to munch on in a few hours.


Well, I'm going to write some workouts and prep for the delivery. I'll catch you guys this afternoon after my workout! I have 40 minutes of cardio from Tina Reales Best Body Boot Camp so it shouldn't be too bad. Enjoy your morning!




4 comments:

  1. soooooo vegan breath, enlighten us all on what 'vegan chicken' is?? And just double checking to make sure there is no such thing as a vegan orange slice . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. There most certainly is such thing as a vegan orange slice. You know, the ones you find in the produce aisle?

    Most vegan "chicken" is made from soy and typically flavored with foods like onion, garlic, vegetables and other herbs to create a taste similar to that of poultry. There are many different brands that can be found in almost any grocery store these days. However, health food markets typically have a lot more variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite vegan "chicken" is Gardein Chick'n! SOOOOO Yummy that even the carnivores love it! http://www.gardein.com/index.php

      Delete
  3. I'm also a fan! Thanks for sharing Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete