Thursday, May 8, 2014

Big News!

Good morning. Am I the only one who is excited to be over the hump? I like Thursdays because for now, I don't teach and I have some time to get some serious office work done. My job requires a lot of working in spurts because I'm always running out to teach a class or sporadically out on the floor helping our patrons. Thursdays I can actually take serious time to focus on projects that I've got going on outside of the classroom. Plus, Thursdays remind me that the weekend is near!

Speaking of it, it's Throwback Thursday!

Michael and I in high school! Aren't we cute?? :)

Training Recap
It has been a light training week due to running two halves on back to back weekends. So, I took Monday off from workouts to rest and recover from the PBC half marathon Sunday. Tuesday, I joined Bob for a 17 mile bike ride around Porters Neck. For my first official ride of the summer, I felt great. All that running has been even more beneficial than I realized! It was gorgeous out, perfect weather for an hour bike ride. I already can't wait to get back out on my bike again!


Afterward, we stopped by what I like to call, "Bob's Bike Shop" to put some oil on my chain. Trekky hasn't really been out since last summer so she was in need of a tune up. Thankfully, I have people to help me with things like this because I've got a really nice bike that I don't always know what to do with when it comes to repairs and the like. It's so good to have people in your life who look out for you!


The Big News
Later Tuesday afternoon, I met with my running coach to devise a training plan for....MY FIRST FULL MARATHON! It's official, in exactly 219 days I will be running the Kiawah Island Marathon near Charleston, South Carolina and I couldn't be more excited! Although my marathon training wont begin until August, we are focusing on speed and recovery over the next few months and I can't wait to have my training plan in my hands this Sunday. According to Sami, I am going to be a low-mileage runner, (Wait, did I just call myself a runner?) running three days a week, biking for cross training and still working in three lifts a week. 

I can't wait to get started! I never thought I would be calling myself a runner, and actually be getting excited to run 26.2 miles. I have had several friends bringing me running books, offering advice and am just so grateful for all the support I have in my life! This is the start of a really exciting and rewarding journey and I couldn't be happier.

I hope your Thursday is a good one!

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!!! I'm pumped! Can't wait to start training. I think Sami said you may have similar goals to me so maybe we can do some runs together!

      Delete
  2. omg, you sure are beautiful! good thing you have such a beauty for a mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daddy! Gotta love those rose colored glasses!

      Delete