Friday, March 21, 2014

A Plethora of Fittie Stuff

I have a bunch of things I wanted to share today that have nothing to do with each other. Since it's Friday, who CARES!? I'm throwin' all this fun stuff together!

Workout Recap

Last night's running practice was a tough one despite my legs feeling surprisingly refreshed going into it. After my half on Sunday, I took a few days off to recover, but surprisingly, I wasn't too awfully sore. Our "recovery run" last night was anything but easy, for myself at least. I'm sure this is partially due to my competitive spirit and always giving more if I've got anything left to give. We got in just over five miles in between a warm up mile, and 6x ~900m working sets. That was followed up with planks, pushups, pull ups, and my favorite...burpees!

This morning I worked out with my Sculpt class strength training full body for 50 minutes followed by a 45 minute core class. Good stuff! If you haven't done a group exercise class before at the gym you attend, you should try one! Even if you aren't a member of a local gym, a lot of times you can go as a guest for a small price. Great way to mix up your typical workout routine!

Marshall Softball




This week was a special one because my alma matter played right here at UNCW. I made it to their second game last night and then met the team for dinner at Red Robin after running practice. Love my Herdsters! Enjoyed seeing my coach and some old friends, lots of fun and I feel blessed to be apart of the Herd family.

Random Fact

Did you know that for every one pound you lose, you take four pounds of stress off your knees? So a five pound weight loss results in a whopping 20 pound decrease of stress on your knees. So interesting!

Quote of the Day
My mom sent me a magazine clipping with this on it and it has become one of my favorite quotes related to nutrition:


Preach it. That's good stuff right there.

St. Paddy's Day Photos

I visited one of my good friends Janna, in Aiken, South Carolina for St. Patrick's Day. I drove down Monday morning and left Tuesday after breakfast. We spent the day and evening enjoying the St. Paddy's day festivities with her boyfriend Josh and mom, Linda. I miss them already!


Janna, Linda and myself


Linda made us a huge breakfast complete with english muffins, eggs, cinammon rolls, kona coffee (so goooood) and bacon for everyone else.



Have you ever had chives in your scrambled eggs? It's amazing! Definitely doing this from now on.



I'll tell you what, food tastes soooooo good the next few days after running a half marathon. I can't even imagine doing a full- I would want to eat everything in sight!


Running Funnies



This link: Girl Takes 13 Selfies with Unsuspecting Hot Men While She Ran the NYC Marathon So funny! Why didn't I think of that?

Ya'll have an amazing weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment