Monday, February 24, 2014

Polar Plunge 5k

The highlight of my weekend was without a doubt- the Polar Bear Plunge 5k for Special Olympics. The race went from 130 participants last year to over 300 on Saturday. The weather was beautiful, I ran well and I really couldn't have asked to spend my time and money for a better cause. Besides the 5k, there was also a plunge for the really crazy people that had a TON of people show up! It was a really successful event and I have to say, really warmed my heart. You guys know I have a soft spot for people with special needs, and it just so happens my very own sister is a Special Olympic Gold Medalist (multiple times) so I'm a huge supporter of this cause.



While I ran the 5k, Porters Neck member (and one of my awesome fitness ladies) did the plunge with her son. The best part was that the PNCC's very own "Chicks with Sticks" ladies golf group came out to support!

Gotta love fitness for a cause!

Hope your weekend was a good one. I'll be back later for Part II of our Carb Cycling series!

1 comment:

  1. As a mom of someone who benefits from the funding and the awareness those of you who gave of your time, talents and hard earned cash a great big hug and thank you to each and everyone of you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete