Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Healthified Egg McMuffin

Now that I have transitioned from vegan back to vegetarian, I am enjoying my fair share of protein packed eggs! Today I made my version of one of my favorite breakfast meals, the "Egg McMuffin" -vegetarian style. 

What You'll Need
  • English muffin
  • 1 egg
  • 2 pieces of morningstar vegetarian bacon
  • 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese
  • A little olive oil to cook the egg/fakey bakey in


As I toasted my english muffin, I cooked up my egg and vegetarian bacon in some olive oil on medium heat. You can make the egg any way you like, but I like my yolk runny!


Once your muffin is toasted, spread on your laughing cow cheese, add the bacon and egg and enjoy!

Another way I have enjoyed this is with some vegetarian sausage instead of the bacon and a little sriracha. This is a great way to enjoy your favorite "fast food" breakfast and its super quick and easy. If I can do it, so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment