Monday, February 3, 2014

Facts You May Not Know about Russell Wilson

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday....

I was too busy ordering my Super Bowl Champion gear!


I must take a second to talk about this guy. He is such a class act and a phenomenal athlete. 

Facts you may not know about Russell Wilson:
  • He attended the Super Bowl last year, arriving several hours early (just like he does before his games) just to get a feel for what it's like for NFL players to play in a Super Bowl game. He studied the teams' preparation and the atmosphere on the field in order to prepare him for a day when his team would come back as stars of the show.
  • He loves God. When he was 14, his father passed away and Jesus came to him in a dream. He has been a devout follower since. 
  • He tweeted Peyton Manning to congratulate him on winning MVP before the big game. That's class.
  • He was drafted by the Texas Rangers in 2013, the Rockies in 2010 and the Orioles in 2007. The guy's just an athlete. 
  • He married his high school sweetheart. 
  • He uses a wallet made completely of duct tape that was given to him from a kid at Children's hospital. 


I know myself and my family members are proud to be Seahawk fans today! The Broncos didn't put up much of a fight but we definitely came to play. 

I just posted the Porters Neck Country Club Workout of the Week and you know I'm reppin' my team! 


Had to do it!

Hope you have an awesome morning!

3 comments:

  1. "DangeRuss" Wilson is also categorized as 'undersized' for a legitimate NFL QB, proving once again that it is not just the physical size but the size of the heart of the athlete that really matters, eh #17?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree 100%! Russell is young (25) and small, however the only numbers that truly define you are the ones you put up during the game! Wilson is a baller in the truest sense!

      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. So proud of our Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete