Monday, September 16, 2013

Maple Cinnamon Flax Cookies

I have a simple and all-around easy recipe for you guys this morning! If you like maple syrup and cinnamon, you will love this cookie. Plus, it's super easy to prepare, bake and clean up is minimal. My kinda baking!


Maple Cinnamon Flax Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/3 Cup Flax Seed
  • 1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 Cup Olive Oil



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, first combine dry ingredients- whole wheat flour, flax seed, cinnamon and salt.
  3. Add in maple syrup and olive oil and stir until flour is absorbed.
  4. Allow dough to sit for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
  6. Press down into each ball gently with your pointer and index finger to flatten.
  7. Bake for 13 minutes.
  8. Enjoy warm or transfer to a cooling rack.
Makes about 20 cookies. 105 calories each.


Delicious! I actually really enjoyed these cookies. They crisp a little on the bottom and edges and they are thick and filling so you wont want to eat a bunch of them. I'd like to try them again with applesauce instead of olive oil and see how they do.

I am waiting on a picture from my Kayaking trip before I publish the post so it's coming soon. Today's agenda includes a meeting at 1, TRX class at 4 followed by a much needed Yin Deep Stretch Class for me and maybe some cardio mixed in somewhere along the way. My mom is sending my Vitamix Blender today so I couldn't be more excited for that!!!

Have a fantastic Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment