Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Cheer + Workout #3 "I've Got my Abs to Keep me Warm"



As my fellow fitness guru's know, being a fittie is a lifestyle, not just a trend or phase. One can't be a fittie for one hour of the day or even half of the day, nor can one be a fittie for a week or even just a month. When encompassing the "Fittie lifestyle," one considers their fitness in every aspect of their daily life. So, what better way to get into Christmas Spirit than with a little fitness spin on things?

Oh, Fitness Tree



One of my favorite ways to decorate a tree, is to hang race medals from it. This is a great way not only to celebrate the holidays, but your successfully completed runs/walks on the year. The photo above is a tree from my good friends at WeRunDisney. They know how to celebrate Christmas in real fittie style!

After remembering a super cute treadmill ornament for sale at a gym I used to go to years back, I thought it'd be a really cute idea to decorate a Christmas tree in Fitness only ornaments. Once I googled Fitness ornaments, I found a plethora of super cute options.












I found this idea exceptionally neat. Taking the standard, round ball ornament and decorating it or getting it custom made with a 2014 PR (personal record for a race or certain lift). This ornament was made for my dear friend Michele, after she ran the New York Marathon this year. 


Workout to Christmas Music

There are loads of options out there when it comes to Christmas music, but there are even several dedicated Fitness Christmas mixes available. Whether you stream from Youtube, or purchase on iTunes, there are several albums available. Personally, I like to listen to each song to make sure they are all "pumpy" or upbeat enough for me. Here's what's on my current playlist downloaded from iTunes...

  • Kelly Clarkson Run, Run Rudolph
  • Christmas Workout Deck the Halls
  • DJ Kee- Make it Pop Sleighride
  • DJ Space'C- Make it Pop Jingle Bells
  • Lady Gaga Christmas Tree
  • Mariah Carey All I Want for Christmas is You
  • J Rae- Christmas Hits Remix Deck the Halls
  • *NSync Kiss Me at Midnight
  • *NSync Merry Christmas Happy Holidays
  • Straight No Chaser The 12 Days of Christmas

Update Your Workout Attire




Holiday socks, red/green headbands and ribbon in the hair also work too!

Do a Holiday Themed Workout

Day 3: I've Got my Abs to Keep Me Warm


Tell us, how do you spread your "Fittie Holiday Cheer?"

No comments:

Post a Comment