Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Training Tuesday: Fat Thrashing Tabata Circuit

Hello and Happy Tuesday! My day is going smoothly thus far. It started out with a Strawberry Cheesecake Quest bar for some quick protein as I made my way over to the gym to train with a running client. That was my first of the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor and I have to say, they are awesome! These would be perfect to take the edge off a sweet tooth. Quest bars are one of my go-to protein bars, not only because of their high protein content (20g in just 160 calories) but also because they have a huge amount of fiber, 17g!




They taste better than a candy bar. The only two flavors I haven't been overly impressed with are the Cinnamon Bun and the Cookies and Cream. I love Double Chocolate and Lemon! After a running session with my client, it was straight into teaching a Golf Strength class. Now, office work for the rest of my work day.

We did a fun Tabata Circuit yesterday in Cardio TRX that I wanted to share with you guys. If you don't have access to a TRX, you can do any of the moves with body weight or equipment such as dumbbells or a barbell.



I get to take my little Civic in for an inspection today to update my registration and then I'm off to try a new Hot Yoga class at Porters Neck Yoga. I am excited to get back into a hot class, it's been forever. I haven't been to this studio yet, but for my Wilmington friends, I found a Groupon for over half off of 20 classes. So, I figured I'd give it a shot! Between that and the pay what you can classes over at Wilmington Yoga Center, I can get quite a few classes in over the next few weeks without going broke during the Holidays. Yoga is the perfect compliment to running as it not only gives you a great stretch but works on the core and all those stabilizing muscles that are so important to keep healthy in order to prevent injury during long miles. Also a great gift for your favorite fittie!

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment