Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Healthy Habits 2015

Creating a resolution to take you through an entire year is a lofty goal in and of itself based on the fact that many of us change due to circumstances that occur over such a long period of time. This is why I have decided to create the 52 week challenge. It is a program I am launching at work designed to help promote forming healthy habits, rather then restricting foods or forcing yourself to exercise for 60 minutes every day of the week. 

Let's start off week 1 with a challenge that is going to get us sweatin' off some of that Holiday food and creating more energy for our bodies!



Week 1 Healthy Habit
Move intentionally for 30 minutes at least 5 times this week. This can be ANYTHING! Walking, playing tennis, partaking in an exercise video, going to a yoga class, etc. It just has to be planned out and focused on moving for 30 minutes! You can follow along with @PNCCFitness as I, too, will be tweeting my progress. Since we started the challenge late in the week, if you have already done a few intentional activities, go ahead and count them. If not, you still have time since it's only Wednesday after all! I got in a 75 minute run Monday so I will count that as my first activity of 5 for the week! 

The Fitness Pups are going to join in too, their goal for the week is to eat at least 1 whole carrot a day. (They love carrots!) Ha :) They are their mother's children. 



So am I the last person on the planet to have noticed there is such thing as whipped peanut butter? I was eating a banana at my desk yesterday and of course, if I'm eating a banana at work, I'm going to pull out my Costco sized jar of peanut butter and spoon some of that on top. Well, a member obviously noticed this colossal sized jar and was so sweet to bring in WHIPPED peanut butter. HOLY MOLY is this stuff amazing. What makes it even better, it has less calories (140/2 tbsp as compared to 190/2 tbps of regular) due to the fluffy texture of air being whipped in. It's like frosting. Oh my goodness.



I also tried out my new lock laces I got for Christmas (shown on my Brooks Glycerins in the photo above). I love those suckers! You replace your old laces with the laces provided which come in all crazy colors. and then place the adjustable lock down toward the shoe and clip the ends together so they aren't flying everywhere. Not only do your shoes look stylish, you never have to worry about stopping to tie them during workouts or a race. I plan to buy a few for each pair of my running shoes, they are so fun and can be found pretty cheap on for just a few dollars.



Almost over the hump ladies and gentlemen. I've got another class in about an hour and then this girl is probably gonna crash. Hopefully a workout on the horizon at some point this evening. Keep on keepin on!

No comments:

Post a Comment