Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Favorite Health Podcasts

Good morning Fitties, I hope everyone's Saturday is off to a great start! Mine started off with some homemade almond milk mixed with Chocolate Vega One Protein powder and PB2. Yum! Speaking of homemade almond milk, it was brought to my attention that a lot of the pictures on that post weren't showing up for some people. I believe I have fixed the issue so be sure to go back and check it out.


Vega one is still my go-to protein powder for now because of all the nutrients it contains! Plus 17g of plant protein.


So far, I am doing pretty decent incorporating raw foods into my diet. I haven't started to actually prepare any foods yet, (waiting for my Vitamix...!!) I'm really just incorporating a bunch of extra fruits and veggies throughout the day and then adding in some protein and hummus and a couple other things here and there. I have to say, I feel really great though! I have had tons of energy which is awesome. Plus, I eat all the time- whenever I feel hungry. I can't complain about getting to eat a lot! My calories still stay low because fruits and veggies obviously don't have a lot, but I feel like I'm eating all the time. 

Most of my spare time has been spent indulging in books, looking up recipes and listening to podcasts on itunes. I am so intrigued by the health benefits of a raw diet and it's extremely eye opening to learn in detail how damaging so many foods we are taught to think are healthy, really can be. If you are interested at all in veganism, eating healthier and/or living a more compassionate lifestyle, there are a TON of podcasts free on iTunes. 

Some of my favorite Podcasts

Vegan:



Food for Thought with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 
This one is my absolute favorite! Colleen's show won podcast of the year from VegNews Magazine and the objectives she focuses on include empowering people to making informed food choices, debunking myths about veganism, to being a voice for animals and to giving people the tools and resources they need to live according to their own values of compassion and wellness. She also has a website- The Compassionate Cook where you can listen to her podcasts, find recipes and check out the vegetarian resources that she not only writes, but also suggests from other great authors.



Raw Vegan Radio with Steven Prussack
I really enjoy this podcast because Steve Prussack does an incredible job of outlining the positive and negative health effects of a raw food diet. Although he obviously follows a raw vegan diet, he isn't blind to the negative side effects that are completely possibly to obtain. It's honest and educational and has been a very great source for me as a beginner to the vegan and raw dieting world.


Fitness:


The Ergogenic Podcast
This is the best Fitness podcast I have found that focuses on body building, weightlifting, nutrition, supplementation and exercise. They cover a lot of scientific research and include interviews with successful body builders and other elite athletes. 


You can find podcasts on absolutely any topic you interested in. These are great to listen to while working out, walking or in the car travelling. I like to turn mine on while I'm doing other things in my apartment like putting away laundry and doing the dishes or getting ready in the morning. 

Agenda for the Day
  • TRX Class @ 9:45
  • Taking my first kayaking trip! 


Share with us:
Do you have a favorite health/fitness/nutrition related podcast, website, book?

No comments:

Post a Comment