Saturday, August 17, 2013

No Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls

When lunch finally rolled around today I was starving! It poured outside after I got to work so unfortunately I didn't get to ride back to my apartment. Luckily, a friend from work was able to give me a ride. When I got home I made myself a quick lunch.


Whole wheat Ezekiel bread with hummus, 1/2 an avocado and Trader Joes orange "chicken." TASTY!!

I adapted the following recipe from pbfingers.com and added some extra protein powder to try to pick them up just a notch!


No Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls

1 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 cup almond butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon chia seed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tbsp honey or agave syrup



Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir well. Form dough into balls and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

Makes 12-14 balls. 155 calories each with 7g protein. 


Time for Hot Yoga! Catch you guys tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment