Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tidal Creek Fruit Crisp and Hot Yoga

My day off yesterday started off with a walk with the Fitness Pups followed by breakfast...


Ezekial English muffin with PB2 and shredded coconut. I'm on a bit of a coconut kick. After lounging around for a while, I went to a Hot Fire Elements Flow Yoga class. It was scorchin' but well worth it when I checked my watch and realized I burned 429 calories in just over an hour. Well worth the burn!

After yoga, I went downstairs to the co-op business- Tidal Creek for a second breakfast. This fruit crisp looked really awesome, but I couldn't imagine it would be too overwhelmingly healthy so I doubled it up by adding more regular fruit to it. It had apples, blueberries, raspberries and some sort of granola or crispy portion which made for a nice, warm concoction that I really liked.


I hung out on their outdoor patio area enjoying my breakfast and romance novel until I heard from Zachary to head over to the gym. We planned to lift together but he had a test so I had to wait on him. Eventually I made my way over to Gold's and completed an hour of cardio split between the treadmill, bike and elliptical (apparently I had cardio ADD yesterday). Once Zach got there we did a upper body lift together.

Yesterday also happened to be one of Zach's last days here. For those of you who don't know, he is moving to Kentucky to attend graduate school at UK. I'm having a bit of a tough time with it already but hanging in there. It's certainly for the best. Anyway, he is going to visit his family and then coming back to see me Saturday before he heads out for good. So last night, we decided to go for a walk on the beach and ended up stopping at Cold Stone on the way.


Dairy-free pink lemonade sorbet for me with strawberries and pureed strawberry on top. Really great mix!

Zachary had the infamous cake batter ice cream in a waffle cone with kit kat and who knows what else thrown in there. It looked yummy but he had a bit of a stomach ache after finishing it! :)

Back at work today, busy morning- off to teach class and then have a couple meetings and an equipment orientation. I'll see you all this afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment